Friday, 10 May 2013

Natural Makeup Remover: Olive Oil

When it comes to makeup and beauty, we tend not to think about all the chemicals we`re putting on our faces when we put on makeup. So, rather than use more chemicals to take off my makeup (which can be expensive!), I really would just use soap and water (gasp!)..When I learned that might be too harsh for the skin, I looked up some other natural solutions..and I discovered olive oil.


There are countless beneifts to olive oil. It is so good for your skin and your hair. There really are no downsides.. and it is so easy and gentle to use as a makeup remover (not to mention, it works great!). Once I tried it, I never went back. I`ve been using olive oil as a makeup remover ever since.

What You`ll Need:
  • a few tablespoons of olive oil
  • little glass jar or bowl
  • cotton pads or toilet paper
What You Do:
  1. Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into the glass jar or bowl
  2. Then, under some warm water, lightly wet the cotton pad or toilet paper wad and squeeze out the excess water (just needs to be damp..Don`t soak it)
  3. Then, dip the cotton pad or toilet paper into the jar or bowl of olive oil (you really don`t need a lot..so don`t soak it)
  4. Gently wipe your eyes and face 
The makeup comes off so easily and your face feels so soft afterwards!
If you want, you can rinse your face off with water afterwards. 

I do this myself everyday. I love the healthy glow it gives me, as well as how soft it makes my skin feel. It`s a great moisturizer. And I feel really good about the fact that I`m not putting any harmful chemicals on my face.

If you try it, let me know what you think! :)

-Anna



5 comments:



  1. Thank you so much! That did the trick, you saved me more endless hours of searching for a fix.



    Oil Makeup Remover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. hi Ganesh!

      oh, I am so glad!! =D I've also researched about and tried and used coconut oil, and it works great!! It's natural, good for your skin, and does the trick! I go back and forth between using olive oil and coconut oil. I am so glad that I was able to help! =)

      Delete
  2. hi Ajithkumar! :)

    I've researched a lot about natural makeup removers, because I wanted to find something that was natural, safe, and good for my skin! I came across two things that I use to this day, and that is: olive oil and coconut oil! They are amazing, natural, and I would never go back to store-bought makeup removers! Please let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Maninirosha! :) Thank you! I hope it works! Let me know if there is anything I can do :)

    ReplyDelete