Have you ever started something,all excited and ready to give it your all....only to never finish?
This is a list of the things I`ve started and haven`t finished:
>I really wanted to learn how to knit. So I started working on a scarf...Turns out, I don`t know how to knit, no matter how hard I`ve tried...I keep coming back to that scarf every few years to see if I`ll magically be able to do it...Hasn`t worked yet! Let`s just say, this scarf wouldn`t cover a new born baby!
>P90X is an intense workout regime. It is supposed to last for 90 days or beyond. How long did I last? ONE day.
This is my list of things that I really want to have finished, but don`t..
Philippians 1: 4-6 says: ``In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.``
I am so thankful to God that, unlike me, He finishes what He starts! I am so thankful that He doesn`t just leave me the way I am, but that He is working on me.. I pray that I am not the same as yesterday, as a week ago, as a few years ago. My desire is to grow, in understanding, in knowledge, in courage, in wisdom, in compassion, in kindness.
What are some areas in your character or in your heart that could use some improvement? Think about. Pray about it. Be open to God and willing to have Him change you. Won`t be easy, but it`ll be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment