Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Mason Jars+Tissue Paper Flowers

When I'm on Pinterest, I see so many cool ideas. I saw how someone used tissue paper to cover a mason jar and put a little tea light candle in it, and it created such a soft beautiful glow. I also saw someone make these big tissue paper flowers, that they hung from the ceiling. It looked beautiful! I had my birthday party coming up in February, and decided to give these two crafts a try. I had my helper (my two-year-old nephew) with me! ;)
It was really easy to make and I really like how they turned out! :) (It didn't take a lot of time either!)

Things you'll need:

  • jars
  • tissue paper
  • liquid glue
  • scissors
  • string/ribbon

Directions for the Jars:

  1. I started by finding two jars.
  2. I then washed them with some soap and warm water. 
  3. I dried them. 
  4. I then found some tissue paper, and cut them up in to squares. 
  5. I then prepared the glue..I did this by combining white liquid glue with some warm water, and mixed it with a paintbrush.
  6. Then, you dip your paintbrush into the glue, put it on the jar, and put the tissue paper square right on top. You can put some extra glue on top of it if you'd like. 
It's as easy as that! :)

Get all your supplies ready! (I thought it might get messy and used a craft-safe tablecloth)


Mix the water+glue


Put the glue on the jar, and put the tissue paper on top...It's so easy a 2 yr old can do it..without looking! ;)


I left them to dry


I think they look pretty cute!

Directions for the Tissue Paper Flowers:

  1. You get a few sheets of tissue paper + put them in a pile
  2. Next, fold them accordion style (like you would for a paper hand-held fan)
  3. Next, you fold it in half, and tie a string/ribbon in the middle around the crease and twist
  4. Take your scissors and cut the two ends, making them rounded (this will help it look more like a flower petal)
  5. Separate the sheets, pulling them apart, and voila! you have yourself a tissue paper flower! super easy!! :)


Instead of using these two crafts separately (which you most certainly can!), I just put them together..
I think they turned out pretty cute! I just used them as centerpieces for the dessert table...Let me know what you think! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment